If you have more things to do than you have time to do them, and you frequently feel overwhelmed and stressed about prioritizing and completing your tasks in a timely fashion - THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU.
- "Great practical advice, delivered in a friendly conversational manner. One of my favourite courses on here. You can tell also that the teacher is talking from personal experience and has a background in this subject matter. The advice is thoughtful and actionable... enjoyable course!" -- John Scotland, *****
Before becoming self-employed (and this TIME MANAGEMENT & PRODUCTIVITY course is designed for both employees & entrepreneurs,) I worked as a Project Manager. My duties included multi-million dollar government, military and hi-tech projects and back then I managed teams (sometimes with as many as 50 people,) all over the world -- many in different time-zones.
It was an exciting time, but there was a lot to do and the stress levels were extremely high because a single mistake would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in delay penalties.
As you might imagine, I learned a great many things about successful TIME MANAGEMENT & PRODUCTIVITY because if I screwed up ... I'd be fired and I've distilled my 30+ years time management and productivity experience into this course.
And whether you're an employee or entrepreneur (and I cover how time management and productivity are different for each,) you will discover the truth behind the many illusions and 'false facts' surrounding this important topic.
At the same time, I made this course modular so you can enjoy the training on your schedule - time, after all, is our most precious resource. Aside from the first and last lectures, you can watch the videos in any order.
Most videos are less than 10 minutes so you can easily study the material and begin implementing change quickly. Where applicable, lectures have attached resources with additional materials.
- How to decide the priority of any task
- Personal energy management tricks
- The power of a NOT-TO-DO-LIST
- The maximum number if items you can (and should) have on your to-do lists
- The science of stress, and how it impacts your ability to decide
- The value of time (and the power of life)
- How all time is not created equal
- The power of will, why it weakens during the day, and what you can do about it
- Whether NO, YES or MAYBE is the best choice
- Why all thoughts should 'Pay Rent'
- What tools to use for maximum productivity
- When to avoid digital tools, and stick with analog technology
- How to better manage interruptions - setting expectations
- The power of 3 and why you need to remember it
- Batching - The secret productivity hack
- The cost of interruptions, and getting back into the zone
- Manager or Maker time-management (or a bit of both?)
- The futility of most diaries and why you might require an alternate model
- The necessity of a short-term plan and how to use it
- The problem with 'someday'
- The myth of multi-tasking
- The Goldilocks' sound effect
- The $15,000 time leak that 50% suffer from
- Sleeping your way to success and better productivity
- What water has to do time management and your mind
- Avoiding radical change for long-term success
- And more ...
I look forward to helping you better manage your time and maximize your personal productivity.
See you inside!
What you'll learn
- How to setup your day for success, and how to avoid burnout (you can do too much!)
- How to reduce the feeling of overwhelm using simple and easy to implement tactics
- How to put more free time into your schedule - and NOT feel guilty about taking it!
- How to make better decisions based on practical values and priorities
- How to quickly assess whether or not you should work on any task
- How to say NO (to your boss or client) and protect your productivity
- How to manage messaging more effectively and avoid having your "morning mojo" stolen
- How to take advantage of 2 FREE resources to maximize your energy and focus
- How to feel more at ease and more confident with your time management and personal productivity levels
- Be committed to applying what you learn - change comes from action, not just reading/watching!
- Be able to spend a few minutes each day planning the next day and applying what you learned in this course
- Be prepared to ASK FOR HELP if you have questions or feel like you're not making faster progress
- Be prepared to ACCEPT that change takes a little time (pun intended) and that results won't happen overnight.
James helps people gain time and financial freedom through a mix of software development, consulting and training.
He's authored multiple bestselling business and marketing books, created dozens of bestselling courses, has over 31,000 global students and is a certified marketing automation, productivity and technology consultant.
James Founded JMG and Co-Founded Chatbot Forge - an AI-enhanced software development and marketing agency.
For fun he enjoys cooking for his friends, and when the weather and time permits, enjoys riding his Honda NC750XA motorcycle.
PreviewIntroduction and welcome to this course (5:38)
PreviewAre you having a 3 kinda day? (6:34)
StartJust say NO. (6:22)
StartEnergy levels (8:23)
StartThe myth of multitasking (5:40)
StartThe 2 different types of diaries (which to use, and when) (9:34)
PreviewIt's ALL about priorities (7:02)
StartThe phone is NOT your friend - here's why (3:09)
StartAbout Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hours meme (2:50)
StartThe $15,000 time leak at work (4:43)
StartHail Hydra...tion! Why water works (5:54)
StartSomeday is code for never (4:45)
StartSounds like success to me (4:58)
StartMay I interrupt you? (3:52)
StartSleeping your way to success (3:18)
StartThe inbox is not your ToDo list - here's why (4:09)
StartThe true value of your time (4:34)
StartWhy win win is wrong wrong (2:53)
StartGetting more things done in less time (8:12)
StartThe todo list 'secret' that sabotages your success (6:23)
StartVoicemail sucks (time) if used like this (3:15)
PreviewDon't know them - don't answer them!
StartSome of the tools and tech I use and recommend (10:30)
StartHow to double your chances of time management success (4:21)