I counted 171 business cards this morning … that’s the number of people who dropped their details into our registration box last night at Ivy Bar and Kitchen. People started arriving around 4:30 pm and by 5:30 the place was buzzing!
So many great conversations were happening, so much networking that I was a little late with the announcements. More than a dozen of us stayed for dinner and many stayed late into the evening networking and chatting to new friends.
Naturally, we gave away some great gifts — thanks to all our supporters (their details are below, along with the winners.) Please check them out. Sure, we all give gifts because it’s cool … but we also do it because we want the exposure. Please help our supporters achieve this and visit their websites.
3,000 members …
As of now, I can confirm our Burlington network has reached 3,000 registered members. Please note this does not include the 5,000+ social media friends and followers we have online. It’s safe to say we’re now the “largest networking group in town.” Our other networks are growing well also. Congratulations, your support and involvement helped us achieve this impressive milestone.
Mentoring the mentor …
And while I’m usually low key about overt self promotion *wink* last night I shared a personal achievement I’m very proud of. One of my mentors, New York Times best selling author and “Millionaire Maker” Robert Allen recently asked me to mentor him on social media networking. Rob Provenzano of Totally Awesome Events originally let the cat out of the bag online, and when people started asking me about it, I needed to fess up and share – so I did. Thank you, being asked is due in part to your support and I appreciate it.
If you attended last night you were in for a surprise … professional photographer Derrick Van Der Kolk of the Style Group (http://stylegroup.co/) was on hand taking photographs. As of this morning there are over 160 beautiful black and white photographs of our friends and guests.
If you had your photo taken you can check out the album on Facebook here:
And I will be uploading the hi-def copies to our server soon and will send you the link for downloading thereafter. In the mean time, checkout the many happy people and remember to tag yourself and your fiends. We’re a good looking bunch
Last nights complimentary photo session is courtesy of BFM and the StyleGroup and you will be seeing more of Derrick at upcoming events. As an aside, I believe he will be attending our Oakville chapter meet up next week and photographing people there too.
Oakville RSVP @ http://bfmx.me/sfnoakv
Door Prizes …
- Jason Norris (http://jasonnorris.ca) — 2 VIP front row tickets to Jason’s special event at the Burlington Performing arts centre in September. Includes a signed copy of his new book: “Talented, Passionate, and Broke” (a book about self-promotion and marketing ideas for people who are uncomfortable with traditional self-promotion and marketing tactics.
- Terri Bannan (Passion Parties by Those Saucy Girls — http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Terri/Bannan ) — Recipes and edibles prize package: It’s about Summer and it’s about Passion from the kitchen to the playroom. Cooking together with aphrodisiac foods in the kitchen, can be as exciting as a “No Bake Cupcake” in the bedroom.
- Kim Hodgson (KHC Interiors — http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/khc-interiors/38/49b/a75 ) donated a complimentary local in-home interior design home consultation.
- Jennifer Harvey (Results Coach & Change Consultant — 905 637 3324) donated a 1 hour EFT session to help you improve your game, fighting fears, phobias and gaining more focus.
- James Schwehr (Affinity Luxury Rentals — http://affinitycarrentals.com/ ) donated a 1 hour fun drive in your choice of exotic sports car: Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Mustang and many more choices.
The Winners Are …
- Colleen DePodesta (Remax),
- Fernanda Maria, (Language Services Specialist),
- Jennifer Harvey (Results Coach & Change Consultant),
- Karen Fanjoy (Fibromyalgia Pain Solutions) and
- Erica Villabroza (Syncstone Concrete Solutions.)
Local & Network News …
- A new publication — B City magazine — was launched. Contact April Eden for more information: t# 905 320 4850
- Possible road closures Friday: A Funeral Service — for ORNGE Air Ambulance’s Primary Care Flight Paramedic Chris Snowball — will take place at Compass Point Bible Church, 1500 Kerns Rd., Burlington, on Friday, June 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
- Our newest networking chapter — Toronto — is coming soon. James Schwehr of Affinity Luxury Car Rentals (a long time supporter of our events) has partnered with us to help bring our Social Fusion Networking model to Toronto. Stay tuned …
- 460 Brant Street — if your business is being displaced by the Regus Canada announcement regarding lease ends, you can drop by our LinkedIn page to leave your details, share some feedback and if we have anything new to report (we’re chatting to various parties) we will share it.
Next event …
We will be back again next month – the 1st Wednesday of July at IVY BAR & KITCHEN. Please note … “Bermudian Business Casual” will be in effect for the Summer. Feel free to break out those shorts and summer dresses.
RSVP @ http://bfmx.me/sfnburl
See you soon … and as always, stay frosty!