UPDATE: Now accepting RSVP’s and table bookings for the Fall Social Fusion Networking & Trade Show #sfn1010 Event [ Click Here ]
By the end of Thursday evening (this past March 21st), 517 people had been to the Spring Into Business Networking and Trade Show event at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
It was EPIC.
So many happy, smiling people all coming together to network, socialize and check out the vendors (and of course the venue too!)
If you were there last Thursday then you how the venue looked. Graham’s team and our sponsors did an amazing job of supporting us. If you missed it you’ll enjoy seeing the photographs (you can download them all here.)
Graham Frampton (the BPAC Operations Manager) launched our event with Mayor Rick Goldring graciously delivering the opening remarks. I was thrilled when The Mayor publicly acknowledged our networking efforts and what they’ve done for local business. Very gratifying indeed.
I have to say, it’s been a real thrill producing this event. When I started this project 10 weeks ago, it was nothing more than a fleeting idea. But quickly it took shape and with some hard work (ok … lots of hard work!) and a little bit of luck, it all worked out in the end.
I’ve got a few more tasks to complete regarding this project – for instance, I’m compiling the http://march21.ca/vendors and http://march21.ca/sponsors directory and it will be available online to anyone wishing to download it. You can signup for it now – it will automatically deliver as soon as it’s published.
I’m also going to be making a few last minute changes to the website and will update you on that once it’s ready. In the mean time, here are last nights Door Prize donators and winners:
- Lesley Robertson-Laxton of 3 Teas (http://www.3-teas.com) donated a beautiful tea gift basket packed with tea & accessories! The winner was: Kevin Visser (Travel Only)
- Tim Patterson of ABC Referrals (http://abcreferrals.com) donated a limited edition hockey fan board. The winner was: Ian Archibald (You In Social Media)
- Thanks to David Hills, Canweb Printing (http://canwebprinting.com/) donated 2 hours of design services. The winner was: Nick Bond (Harbour Financial)
- Ed Pilloud of Burlington Tire (http://www.burlingtontireandauto.ca) donated a Bridgestone Bag with a gift certificate for a free Tire Rotation & Oil Change. The winner was: Lindsey Anslow (Dependable IT)
- April Eden of Mark Kay (http://www.aprileden-marykay.com/) donated a Beauty Basket — Satin Hands Treatment, Fragrance Set, Lip Gloss, and Some New Eye Colours. The winner was: Terri Bannan (Mild 2 Wild)
- Jamie Buisman of Jamie Buisman Photography (http://jamiebuismanphotography.com) donated a professional Studio Photo Session. The winner was: Linda Schleihauf (Detailed Home)
- Nicholas Rogers of Mobile Biz Solutions (http://mobilebizsolutions.ca) donated an eight page premium mobile website + 6 months FREE HOSTING. The winner was: Chantel Tyers (Stella & Dot)
- RoseAnn Waters of Success Vision (http://successvision.ca) donated a business discovery session and a six-week online transformation journaling program. The winner was: Russ Logisse (Fit With Fuss)
- James Schwehr of Affinity Car Rental (http://affinitycarrentals.com) donated a 1-hour fun test drive in an exotic car of the winners choice: Ferrari, Lamborghini, GT Bentley etc.. The winner was: Jamie Buisman of Jamie Buisman Photography (her husband accepted the certificate … Jamie was busy. Just saying!)
- Oriol Rhodes of Skin Deep Medical Laser and Skin Health (http://skindeepmedlaser.com) donated an Ocean Plus Medical Skin care package plus a gift certificate worth $1000 of services of the winners choice. The winner was: Margareta Laffoley (Creative Discovery)
*Please note* A few last-minute door prizes were presented at the event, and while we did our best to incorporate as many as possible, we appreciate some of the gifts were not given away. We will ensure all the generous door prize donations will be drawn at upcoming events.
Remember, if you took photos of the event, please upload them to our Meetup group and share them everyone. Be nice though … no overly “candid” shots please. We’re all trying to look our best *wink*
By the way, we were able to get professional photographer Derrick van der Kolk of the Style Group (http://stylegroup.co) to shoot our event. I’ll upload some of the photos once I get them. If you like his photos … please LIKE his Facebook page too: http://www.facebook.com/stylegroupDVK
Be A Little Social
And remember to tweet or Facebook your feedback, pictures, shares and likes regarding this event. If you want use the hashtags #march21 and #sfn321
The relevant twitter handles are @jamesburchill, @bizinburlington and @burlingtonpac
The Next Events
We’re having three (3) events shortly: Burlington on April 3, the “new venue” of Oakville on April 16th and for those in the Niagara Region, our Niagara network also meets on April 16th.
You can get all the network event details through http://SocialFusionNetworking.com
OK, that’s all for now. Remember to RSVP ASAP and …
PS. Remember, you can Download All 158 Event Photos