What Is PPC?
Pay-Per-Click is a form of Internet advertising where you pay when someone clicks on one of your ads. Placement of your advert is determined by your bid price and relevancy. If you bid the most you can gain the top spot, alternatively if your advert proves more relevant than others, you are rewarded with improved positioning for less bid fees.
Here’s 12 Reasons Why You Should Use PPC Advertising
- Quick Results, usually within minutes.
- PPC advertising is targeted with measurable results.
- You only incur a fee when a your advert is clicked.
- Organic search takes time, PPC provides you with instant traffic.
- It is the quickest and most effective way of promoting your website products and services online.
- Organic search results are “art” and science, with PPC the results are guaranteed.
- Testing is a breeze. You can try different keywords, titles and descriptions.
- It’s cost effective, you determine your spending budget.
- Adverts can be scheduled for certain display times.
- The domino effect often occurs and your PPC advert may show up on other sites.
- PPC provides geographic targeting – you pick where your ad shows.
- You can increase or decrease your traffic very easily.
That’s the good news… And here’s the “bad” news…
PPC requires some technical know-how to setup your account. There are many PPC companies to choose from. You’ll need to conduct some in-depth keyword and key phrase analysis to determine what people want. You’ll need to be skilled in the art of writing advertising copy – and more over, you’ll need to know how to write PPC Adverts… they’re a special breed unto themselves.
And last, but by no means least… this is not a ’set and forget’ system. You will need to allocate a certain amount of time each week to review the logs, track the reports, tune the adverts, create more adverts, keep up-to-date on the trends and adjust all of these things accordingly.
Now you know why people outsource…
Here’s a closing thought for you:
Traditional advertising is a gamble (a wise gamble when done properly mind you, but a gamble none the less) PPC is a sure thing – totally trackable, totally predictable, and 100% guaranteed.